Saturday, October 4, 2014

Week 4

This week has been sort of an eye opener for me. We just got into proofs and more direct problem solving which is awesome. I love that rush I get when I solve a problem and get that “Aha!” moment. However this week I was hit by a car riding my bike home from rowing practice and suffered a concussion ending up in the hospital. The doctor told me to stay in bed and away from class for three days but I just had to be there, falling behind at this point could kill me especially with the term test next week.


I attended class and just like the doctor said, I suffered headaches when I tried to solve the problems. For the class to be taking a great leap right when I cannot use my brain as well worries me. With the term test just around the corner I am trying very hard not to fall behind. I am not sure if I will be able to perform to my maximum capacity on this upcoming test. I missed the tutorial this week because it was the day of my injury, which also worries me. I find the tutorials very helpful in providing me with a way to get that extra push in a different learning environment and without it I am a little scared. In the previous weeks even if the content seemed a little challenging, going to the tutorial always cleared everything up for me. My goal for this weekend is to try to fully catch up, and grasp all of the contents that were taught this week. Lucky for me I’m really enjoying this course so far, and find Danny’s lectures very intriguing. After every lecture I really reflect on what he says, and am excited to solve the new problems for the next weeks tutorial.  To sum it up, this has definitely been the hardest week for me because of my concussion, yet I am still very motivated going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment