Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 5 (Midterm finally over, exam sure to quickly creep up on us)

With the overwhelming stress of the midterm this week, I couldn’t wait for it to come an end. I studied for hours, to the point of not wanting to see or hear about another set. After all the hard work was done, I found myself sitting in the Exam Centre, and can honestly say the hard work was worth every minute. Although there were still parts on the mid term I found slightly challenging, I left that room feeling very confident in what I had wrote. Now did I write a midterm worth 100%? No, yet it was definitely something I was proud of especially with all of the new content I have learned in such a small amount of time.

Through these 5 weeks in this class, the main thing I have realized is that things move at lightning speed. While taking five courses it’s so easy to sit back and get into a flow and let the days fly past your eyes. So far it feels like this has sort of happened to me, as it seems like this past month has went by insanely quickly. My goal for the upcoming week is to really cherish what I am learning in this class and all of my others. Take a second, and really think about my lectures, because it seems like that would be the best way to fully retain the information, instead of studying for hours right before a test.


In this course, I have learned fascinating things, and I have had the opportunity to hear them from the very intriguing Danny Heap, who in my opinion is a very good lecturer. We are now getting deeper and deeper every week, and are finally beginning with proofs. This is a concept that is new to me, but the idea of proving things through many steps that seem extremely simply is intriguing, and I am excited to try a few examples on my own. In sum, my goal for the following weeks after all of the festivities are done, is to really let all of the new information sink in, and truly appreciate everything new that I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment